1) John is writing a letter.
2) She walks home from school.
3) The children are sitting in the garden.
4) Peter runs with his dog on Sundays.
5) My rabbit has a cage in the garden.
6) They go to work by bus.
7) David likes cats because they are nice.
8) Jenny isn't sleeping late today.
9) We are going to the cinema.
10) I'm leaving now.
1) She never cleans the van.
2) Kim and Tina are playing ball in the garden.
3) They are running home.
4) Mr Johnson has been living in Montreal for ten years.
5) Anne likes her new job very much.
6) The Barnes are planning a trip to Norway.
7) The shop will be closed until next month.
8) Beverly usually gets up at 6.30 am.
9) He can't meet Sharon because she is very ill.
10) Every evening Steven listens to his new CDs.
1) She is opening a present.
2) The boys are hiding under Tom's bed.
3) My sister prefers porridge for breakfast.
4) On Thursday Jack has German, History and Maths.
5) Yesterday Carol and Jane went to the swimming pool.
6) The plane is landing at the airport.
7) The telephone is ringing .
8) Sarah has to stop because of a security check.
9) Andrew's new mountain bike costs €1000.
10) At sunset Peter is walking along the beach .
1. Correct these sentences if necessary.
2 We’re studying German this year. _________________________________________________________________
3 Do you enjoy this party?
4 She always goes home early.
5 ‘What do you watch?’ ‘It’s a comedy programme.’
6 ‘Where’s James?’ ‘He shops.’
7 The telephone rings. Can somebody answer it?
8 They’re never doing any work.
9 How are you usually going to school?
10 My dad works in a bank.
2. Rewrite the sentences in the past simple.
2 Elsa sleeps all day.
3 They run to school.
4 Noel likes his birthday present.
5 David writes a letter in the morning.
6 We talk all evening.
7 You have a rabbit.
8 I wake up at 7.30.
9 My mum drives a Ferrari.
3. Complete the sentences with the present simple or present continuous form of the verb in brackets.
1 My grandmother gets up (get up) at 6.00 every morning.
2 They ____________ (eat) lunch in the garden right now.
3 How often ____________ (you/play) football in the stadium?
4 Please be quiet! I ____________ (listen) to the news on the radio.
5 ____________ (Tom/like) computer games?
6 I can hear Lisa ____________ (sing) in the shower! Can you?
7 We ____________ (not/watch) television very often because we are too busy.
8 Sharon ____________ (stay) in Brighton until September.
9 I’m sorry. I ____________ (not understand). Please can you repeat that?
4. Write sentences using the present simple or present continuous.
2 we/go/to school/every day
3 I/live/in Paris/at the moment
4 Sue/go/swimming/on Saturdays
5 my friends/watch/a video/now
6 I/do/judo/every Tuesday
7 you/not do/your homework/at the moment
8 the boys/not eat/pizza/right now
9 Ronaldo/not often play/tennis
10 you/have/dinner/at the moment?
11 Tony/visit/his grandma/at the weekend?
12 they/listen/to music/now?
13 your sister/study/at the moment?
5. Complete the conversation with the past simple of the verb in brackets.
Kate: Hey Jamie. What did you do (do) last night?
Jamie: I ________________ (go) to the cinema.
Kate: ________________ you ________________ (see) that new Tom Cruise film?
Jamie: No. I ________________ (not watch) that one. I ________________
(see) the Julia Roberts one.
Kate: ________________ (be) it good?
Jamie: I ________________ (not like) it but my girlfriend ________________(think) it ________________ (be) great.
1) John is writing a letter. What is John writing?
2) She walks home from school. Who walks home from school?
3) The children are sitting in the garden. Where are the children sitting?
4) Peter runs with his dog on Sundays. When does Peter run with his dog?
5) My rabbit has a cage in the garden. What does your rabbit have in the garden?
6) They go to work by bus. How do they go to work?
7) David likes cats because they are nice. Why does David like cats?
8) Jenny isn't sleeping late today. Who isn't sleeping late today?
9) We are going to the cinema. Where are we going?
10) I'm leaving now. When are you leaving?
) She never cleans the van. What does she never clean?
2) Kim and Tina are playing ball in the garden. What are Kim and Tina playing in the garden?
3) They are running home. Where are they running?
4) Mr Johnson has been living in Montreal for ten years. Who has been living in Montreal for ten years?
5) Anne likes her new job very much. How does Anne like her new job?
6) The Barnes are planning a trip to Norway. Where are the Barnes planning a trip?
7) The shop will be closed until next month. How long will the shop be closed?
8) Beverly usually gets up at 6.30 am. When does Beverly usually get up?
9) He can't meet Sharon because she is very ill. Why can't he meet Sharon?
10) Every evening Steven listens to his new CDs. Who listens to his new CDs every evening?
1) She is opening a present. What is she opening?
2) The boys are hiding under Tom's bed. Where are the boys hiding?
3) My sister prefers porridge for breakfast. Who prefers porridge for breakfast?
4) On Thursday Jack has German, History and Maths. What does Jack have on Thursday?
5) Yesterday Carol and Jane went to the swimming pool. When did Carol and Jane go to the swimming pool?
6) The plane is landing at the airport. Where is the plane landing?
7) The telephone is ringing. What is ringing?
8) Sarah has to stop because of a security check. Why does Sarah have to stop?
9) Andrew's new mountain bike costs €1000. What does Andrew's new mountain bike cost?
10) At sunset Peter is walking along the beach. Who is walking along the beach at sunset?
1. 2 OK. 3 Are you enjoying this party? 4 OK. 5 What are you watching? 6 He’s shopping. 7 The telephone’s ringing. 8 They never do any work.9 How do you usually go to school? 10 OK.
2. 2 Elsa slept all day. 3 They ran to school. 4 Noel liked his birthday present. 5 David wrote a letter in the morning. 6 We talked all evening. 7 You had a rabbit. 8 I woke up at 7.30. 9 My mum drove a Ferrari.
3. 2 are eating 3 do you play 4 am listening 5 Does Tom like 6 singing 7 don’t watch 8 is staying 9 don’t understand.
4. 2 We go to school every day. 3 I’m living in Paris at the moment. 4 Sue goes swimming on Saturdays.5 My friends are watching a video now. 6 I do judo every Tuesday. 7 You aren’t doing your homework at the moment. 8 The boys aren’t eating pizza right now. 9 Ronaldo doesn’t often play tennis. 10 Are you having dinner at the moment? 11 Does Tony visit his
grandma at the weekend? 12 Are they listening to music now? 13 Is your sister studying at the moment?
5. 2 went; 3 Did (you) see; 4 didn’t watch; 5 saw; 6 Was; 7 didn’t like; 8 thought; 9 was.